Sunday, September 04, 2005

The essential humanism of the Danish people

Long weekend musing...while reading the newspaper and Salon and feeling so much sorrow for the people of New Orleans, I have been finding myself randomly searching the Internet.

This is an interesting article about Danish culture and identity I came across while searching for something unrelated...in fact it was in a search for the Henry Miller novel that has a reference to the unique Danish sense of humour of one of the characters. I'm still trying to find it.

As a result of a late night discussion of seventies children's shows with some other Canadian thirty-somethings, I was prompted to locate a strange show that I vaguely recalled. In the process of searching--all I remembered was a drawing and its mirror image being relevant--I located it ("Vision On").


I also located a marvelous site that had the opening segments from its various incarnations: http://tv.cream.org/. This site is a wonder. TV theme songs. Great top 100 list. And much much more.